Mood: feeling a bit extra and ready for some indulgence
Hi everybody! It’s been a while, lockdown is really getting to me now – I need to go out for a meal!! So to try and help I went a bit extra with the presentation and put together a gorgeous salad – perfect as a starter for a three course meal – pssst! Valentines is coming up, this is perfectly romantic!
– Blood orange
– 1 tbsp ricotta
– finely chopped or dry parsley
– mozzarella balls
– pomegranate seeds
– salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl mix the ricotta with a teaspoon of parsley
2. Cut open your blood orange – I have specified how many as you may want more than one.
3. Remove the skin and separate into segments
4. Save a quarter of the blood orange to use as dressing
5. Tear up your proscuitto, again as much as you may like
6. Assemble! Smear your ricotta mix with a small spoon
7. Add the prosciutto
8. Add the mozzarella balls – these can be torn or whole if small enough
9. Add the blood oranges
10. Squeeze over the blood orange quarter
11. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds
12. Add your basil
13. And finally a sprinkle of parsley
The idea of this is that the pieces are all bite size so you don’t need a knife; just enjoy everything together on a fork. Yum!
Best served with a warm baguette Ana butter..