I’ve been on a bit of a health kick recently and been experimenting with some things I don’t usually buy! I made this gorgeous granola full of really healthy stuff! Really simple to make, I had mine with coconut milk and blueberries!
MOOD: when you need a healthy but tasty breakfast option
- 250g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sun flour seeds
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp Cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- Set your oven temperature to 180 degrees. Place the dates in a bowl and pour boiling water over them, just enough to cover, leave them to sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime combine the oats, flaxseeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds and cacao nibs.
- Heat the honey in a small pan and add the cacao powder mix until combined then pour into the bowl and mix well
- Carefully take the dates out of the bowl but save the water, place in a blender with two tablespoons of the water and blend until smooth
- Add to the bowl and mix well until combined
- Place on a large tray and space it out evenly then bake in the oven for around 15 minutes checking halfway through to stir the mixture.
- Place in an airtight container
You can top these with whatever you like, yoghurt and fruit is always a good choice, I love the combination of coconut milk and fruit too!