I love bulgar wheat, it’s a great alternative to rice, similar to cous cous but in my opinion bulgar wheat is much nicer! You cook it the same way as you do cous cous and then just add whatever you like to it. I like to have this for lunch, but you can also pair it with salmon for a healthy dinner option. Or leave out the chicken and have it as a veggie side dish for your next BBQ (if we ever see the sun again!)
MOOD: when you need a versatile cupboard staple for every occasion
- 120g Bulgar Wheat
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon
- Handful of coriander
- 1 Tsp paprika
- Feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- Handful of baby tomatoes
- Handful of green olives
- 1 Small chicken breast roasted and shredded
- Season the chicken breast to your liking and roast until cooked
- Shred the chicken using two forks and set aside until you’re ready to use
- Cook the bulgar wheat to packet instructions
- While you wait for the bulgar wheat thinly dice the onion and chop the tomatoes and olives in half
- Once your bulgar wheat is done (do a taste test it should be soft and not crunchy) add the onions, olives, tomatoes, paprika, olive oil, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, squeeze of lemon, coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and taste, if you feel you need to add more of any of the ingredients then do this now until you’re happy with the taste.
- Mix in the shredded chicken and mix, then crumble over the feta cheese.
It’s as simple as that! Enjoy – Tasha x