This recipe was inspired by a pasta salad I had recently from Aldi, it included spinach in the pesto recipe so I thought I’d give it a go and make my own. The idea was to have it for lunch and I wanted to make it a little lighter so I went for courgetti instead of pasta!
It’s a brilliant recipe for a low carb lunch option.
MOOD: when you’re in need of a low carb lunch option to balance out the lockdown treats
- 1 pack of fresh basil
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 pack of spinach
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- Juice from half a lemon
- A handful of pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 30/40g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 courgette – spiralised
- A a handful of mushrooms
- A handful of cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the pesto add the basil, spinach, 3 garlic cloves, lemon juice, Parmesan, olive oil, salt and pepper to a blender and pulse until well combined, be sure to taste and add extra seasoning if needed according to your taste.
- Add some oil to the pan and fry the remaining garlic clove, mushrooms and tomatoes until soft.
- Add the courgetti and cook until it starts to get soft
- Add a tablespoon of pesto, mix well and cook for about 5 minutes.
As a little extra you can toast an additional handful of pine nuts in a separate pan and add to the courgetti at the end of cooking with a shaving of Parmesan.
Enjoy – Tasha x