I have been craving brownies for weeks now – but I’m trying to be good… HOWEVER… recently I’ve had a few reasons to celebrate and how better to do that than with some delicious brownies! I’ve used this recipe for a while and have no idea where I got it from to be honest – It’s worked for me and I’ve added different elements over time (this time white choc buttons – Milkybar ones!) I hope you enjoy this as much as I did…! The best thing is it has dark chocolate in it (you cannot taste the bitterness I promise!) and that’s a real mood booster!
Mood: In need of something sweet, gooey, chewy and feel good!
– 100g Plain flour
– 3 Large eggs
– 70g Cocoa powder
– 185g Dark chocolate – melted
– 185g Melted butter (unsalted)
– 250g Caster sugar
– 2 Tbsps Vegetable oil
– A pinch of salt
– A handful of white chocolate buttons of your choosing – I had milkybar buttons
1. Preheat your oven to 180c and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. In your mixer add the flour, eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, vegetable oil and melted butter – be sure to sieve your flour and cocoa powder too!
3. Mix until creamy (3-5 minutes I’d say) and add a pinch of salt
4. Add the melted dark chocolate and mix for around 60-90 seconds
5. Add in the buttons – I use small ones for the mixture and saved some bigger ones for after. Give it another mix.
6. Pour your mixture into the baking tray and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, check the consistency – the top should be a shiny coating and the mixture shouldnt wobble! You may want to cook it for a further 5 minutes depending on the consistency.
8. Remove from the oven and push in your bigger chocolate buttons. Then leave to rest – I leave mine in the baking tray for about 15-20 minutes and then pull it out with the baking paper and leave for another 10 minutes.
9. Cut and serve!
We had ours with vanilla ice cream… it was delicious! Hope you enjoy, let me know how you get on with yours and be sure to send us your photos on instagram: @moodfooddiary
– Raj xox