So I got my forage on recently while on one of our walks of the day. This time of year means wild garlic is back in season and it’s out in full force so I grabbed a plastic bag and picked as much as I could. I always feel a bit strange about doing this because I can get funny looks but hey it’s the price you pay for pesto! I’m excited about this because just like normal pesto it’s versatile, it will keep in the fridge once made for about 2 weeks which means lots of great meal ideas. For example a marinade for roast salmon or a veggie pasta.
MOOD: Forage Fridays
- 150g of wild garlic
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 50g pine nuts
- 1 large garlic clove (or 2 small)
- 1/2 lemon juice and a bit of zest
- 150ml of olive oil
- Make sure the wild garlic is washed thoroughly and completely dry before you use it.
- Roughly chop the wild garlic and add to a blender along with the Parmesan, pine nuts, lemon juice/zest and pulse until well combined
- Add the oil and pulse again until a smooth paste, season with salt and pepper to taste
- Transfer to a clean jar and keep in the fridge for at least 2 weeks
If you have wild garlic left over this can be separated into ziplock bags and frozen to use at a later date.