I love love love salmon! I had this urge to make a salmon en croute but oh my goodness the lack of flour available is unreal right now! So I decided to put some Jus Rol puff pastry sheets to make this delicious wrapped salmon. This is super easy, healthy and quite fun to make!
Mood: In need of something healthy but still kinda fancy!
Side of salmon (boneless and skinless- although mine had skin on, so it took some serious patience trying to remove it!) 1 Bag of baby spinach 2 Sheets of Jus Rol puff pastry 1 Egg 1 tablespoon of butter 2 teaspoons of chopped garlic 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley 2 tablespoons of dill Quarter of a lemon 1 small onion, sliced thinly 2 tablespoons creme fraiche Salt Pepper Chilli flakes (optional) White wine (optional)
1. In a pan, heat the butter and onion until melted 2. Add quarter of a cup of white wine and garlic 3. Once reduced, add the spinach and let it gently wilt, add the cream fraiche, 1tbsp parsley, 1 tbsp dill. Mix and keep it on the heat for the spinach to turn into a thick consistency. 4. In a small bowl mix your lemon, salt, pepper and the rest of the parsley and dill, optional chilli flakes and add a splash of olive oil. Mix 5. Prep your pastry, use one sheet under the salmon, lay the salmon on top. 6. Brush on the herb and lemon mix
7. Next carefully add the spinach mix
8. Brush the pastry around the salmon (about 1 inch) with the beaten egg.
9. Add the second sheet of puff pastry and push down around the salmon where the eggwash was applied. 10. Cut around the area and turn up the edges of the pastry, ensuring the two sheets are sticking together. 11. Score the top of the pastry, in a pretty pattern 12. With the cut out parts of the pastry, cut and roll and apply to the top of the pastry
13. Egg wash the whole upper layer and put it in a preheated oven are 200c for 25 minutes
Serve with your favourite vegetables and enjoy!
Enjoy x R