We’re currently in self-isolation – like the rest of the world – and so I dug out some of the frozen lamb we had in the freezer that I would ordinarily use to make a curry. This was one of the nicest lamb dishes I’ve ever had! Easy, fresh and light.
Perfect for when you’re in the mood for something fresh but fulfilling!
There’s a few parts to the recipe: Lamb, sides, potatoes
-Salt and Pepper
-Salt and Pepper
Sides and additions:
-3 Sweet peppers
-Store bought coleslaw
1. Heat a pan and brown the lamb
2. Add seasoning – 3 chopped garlic cloves, rosemary, garlic salt, pepper and cumin
3. Add the lamb to the oven at 180c for 15 minutes
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water
2. Drain and add to a fraying pan with butter, 4 chopped garlic cloves, dried rosemary, salt, pepper and chilli flakes (optional)
3. Take a fork or masher and gently crush the potatoes while frying them gently over a medium heat, add fresh rosemary and let them brown to your preference
1. Grate cucumber into a bowl of greek yoghurt, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Stir well
2. Add a tsp of lemon juice, garlic salt, chopped parsley
3. Stir, top with fresh coriander and refrigerate
1. Chop 3 sweet peppers and add to the frying pan which you fried the lamb in
2. Fry until the skin chars slightly
Tomato and Cucumber Salad
1. Dice cucumber and piccolo tomatoes
2. Mix in a bowl, add salt, pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
3. Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
Heat the tortillas and fill your wrap – this is how I layer it up:
-Spread of tzatziki
-Cucumber and Tomato salad
-Feta cheese crumbled over
Serve with the potatoes and coleslaw. Yum!
Let me know what you think 🙂 x Raj