This is one of my “in a hurry” kind of meals. Those days where you’re just so busy and don’t really have the time to cook, but you don’t want a takeaway because you’re trying to be good and you don’t want something basic because you still want tasty food…can anyone else relate or just me?! So this is my compromise, the ready made stir fry mix is so handy because I don’t have to think about it and my pre-prepped frozen chilli and ginger cubes were a handy time saver too. In all this probably took me about 30/45 minutes.
Mood: On the go, short window of opportunity to cook a fast but tasty meal.
3 spring onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp red chilli
1 tub of Edamame bean stir fry veg mix from Aldi
1 pack of frozen prawns (also from Aldi)
2 portions of medium egg noodles
2 tbsp soy sauce (for pan)
1 tbsp soy for (prawn marinade)
1 tbsp honey (for prawn marinade)
1 tbsp honey (for pan)
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Sesame seeds (optional)
1. Once prawns have defrosted marinade with 1 tbsp of soy and 1 tbsp of honey and leave in the fridge.
2. Meanwhile cook the noodles to packet instructions and then set aside in a bowl (tip – add a bit of oil to the noodles once set aside so they don’t stick to together too much, I used sesame but it doesn’t really matter which oil you use)
3. Roughly chop your spring onion and garlic (if you’re not using frozen ginger and chilli cubes chop those at this stage).
4. Add some oil to a pan on a medium to high heat, when the oil is hot add the prawns, once they’ve got a nice colour on them remove from the pan and set aside
5. Add more oil if needed and once hot add your spring onion, chilli, garlic and ginger.
6. Cook for a minute before adding your soy, honey, salt and pepper
7. Cook this until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken.
8. Then add your edamame stir fry mix, chilli sauce, prawns, and noodles then cook until well coated and the veg is only just cooked.
9. Add sesame seeds and serve
– Tasha x