This is perfect when you’re in the mood for a quick, simple and practical meal. It’s easy to batch cook for the week or freeze for another day. It’s perfect for me at the moment while busy decorating the new house. I’ve added a beef stock pot to give it a bit more flavour but it’s not essential so for the veggies or people who don’t eat beef you can use a vegetable stock put or just leave it out. #quorn #chilliconcarne #veggie #vegetarian #tasty #healthy #quickandsimple #meatfree
Mood: On the go! When you need something tasty but quick.
1 Red onion
2 Cloves of garlic
1 Red or green pepper
1 Red chilli
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp dried coriander
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Pack of Quorn mince
1 Can of kidney beans (optional)
1 Beef stock pot (optional) – alternatively you can use 1 Vegetable stock pot
1 Carton of Passata
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
3 Spring onions
1. Dice the onions, garlic, pepper and chilli then heat a large pot with a tablespoon of oil, once the oil is hot enough add all chopped vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Then add the paprika, cayenne, coriander and cinnamon, mix well and leave to cook with the lid on for a further 10 minutes.
3. Then add the passata, copper tomatoes and beef stock pot if using. Salt and pepper to taste then leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Drain and wash kidney beans before adding them to the pan along with the quorn mince the cook for a further 15 minutes
5. Meanwhile roughly chop the spring onions and add to the pan at the end of cooking
Serve with a sprinkle of grated cheddar cheese and wholemeal pitta bread.
Enjoy! Tasha x